Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27, 2013



INTERESTING COMMENT!!


Well received my first "out loud" negative comment & what I consider very ignorant comment today.  I was speaking with someone I knew from when I worked today, & I was sharing some of our adoption story.  She was asking me some questions about our son & said, "I'm not sure how to really put this, but is he civilized?"!!!  I looked at her & thought you certainly aren't serious.  I told her, "YES, of course he's civilized, why would you ask".   She just assumed that because he lived on the streets in Ethiopia for most of his life he was some uncivilized teen that we were going to try & turn into a productive member of the human race.  I told her that he was a polite, respectful, helpful boy who inspite of his difficult life probably is better behaved than many teens  in this country who have had almost everything handed to them.  Must confess I left thinking, "how ignorant a person"!!


Thankfully the remainder of my day was better!!  Each day I get up wondering if this will be the day we hear that the 5th clearance we need is in.  Feels like when I was pregnant with my kids & was near my due date.....will today be the day I go into labor.  Felt the same way with all my grandkids too!!  That waiting & wondering if today is the day tests your faith.  At least it does mine. 


I'm busy trying to get tickets sold for an outdoor concert that a friend is doing for us.  If you live in the Mount Pleasant area, this will be an awesome event.  Concert is 4/20 at 1 P.M.  Tickets are only $10/person.  You can leave me a comment on the blog if you are interested.  Will be at a beautiful setting....panoramic view of Wando river.

We are getting so close to our goal financially.  If you would consider donating a small amount we would really appreciate it.  Go to www.razoo.com/story/One-Less-Orphan

No comments:

Post a Comment