Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013


OUR HOSTING STORY


Our first night as a hosting family was a sweet one.  Our "son" was delighted to see our Christmas tree (first one ever) and even more excited when I took him upstairs to show him his room.  We knew he liked soccer so we made some minor changes to our guest room to accomadate a soccer fan.  His biggest thrill was when he saw a large framed poster on the wall of Drobga (one of his favorite players)! I must tell you my husband nor I know much about soccer, had no clue who his favorite players were, but when I looked to order a poster online, God knew his favorite players! His smile showed his delight more than words could.  Jet lag began to set in and shortly after a snack & by 7pm he was curled up in a ball sound asleep on our sofa.  I was barely able to wake him and actually guided him up the stairs.  He kept wanting to sit down about ever other step!  Finally we made it to his bed and he literally fell into the bed. 

Will share more of our story tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment