Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013


BONDING WITH WHOLE FAMILY


One of the amazing things about our experience was how our whole family bonded with our "son".  He took to everyone immediately and seemed very comfortable.  He blended right in like he's always belonged with us all.  He particularly like the idea that there are 9 grandchildren in the family.  From my youngest grandson who is 3 to the oldest who is 13.  My oldest grandson was fondly referred to as "big boy" by him.  Corbett is a football player who plays the line & looks the part, hence the title "big boy".  Actually he was graduated to "big ox" one day when we were all having a picnic together & all the boys were ganging up on Corbett trying to get the football away.  He had 3 boys on his back, knocked to the ground, but wouldn't give up that ball.  From that point on he was then known effectionately as "big ox" by T.  (decided we'll use his initial).  He spent quite a bit of time at my daughter Tracy's house, since she lives the closest, hanging out with her 2 boys, Owen 11 & "big ox"!!!!  He really enjoyed being there, and wasn't the least bit shy. 


We also had a few sleep overs here with my 3 oldest grandsons.  My grandson Johnathan enjoyed being with him & T enjoyed him equally as well.  It was such a blessing to see him interact with all my grandchildren.  Many times he would say to me, "good family, very good family"!!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I was so happy to see your video online! My husband and I live in Mt. Pleasant and we leave in 10 days to adopt two more older boys (13 & 9) from China! Tom (my husband) just celebrated his 70th Birthday last week. I would love to offer encouragement to your family as you seek to follow where God leads! We have spent the last 18 months with our new boys, Colin (now 15) and Cameron (11) along with our 8 year old Bio son, Tommy. You can read Colin's experience on his blog at www.lifeasanadoptedteen.blogspot.com and our family blog is at: www.rylandsfamily.blogspot.com

    God Bless!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete