Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17, 2013



MORE STORIES


One of the most memorable conversations I had with our "son" was when he was only here two days, and he was looking at all the pictures of my grandchildren that I have on my refrigerator.  He especially focused in on the picture that is there of my two grandchildren from Ethiopia.  He had met them all at the airport, but seemed particularly interested in that one photo.  He asked, "they go back Ethiopia airplane".  I explained briefly to him that "no, go back to Ethiopia, they stay in America with new Mom and Dad".  He looked at their picture again, touched it and said to me, "good, very good, American very good".   It was obvious that he was glad that these two children had found a home and family in America.  Many times while he was here, he would tell us, "America good, very good".  We take so much of our lives here in this country for granted.  We forget how blessed we are.  It took a boy from a third world country to help us focus on our blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment