Friday, February 15, 2013

Visit Stories Contine



Each day of our visit was such a special memory.  Each morning when our "son" woke up, he would make his bed immediately, then quietly open my door & say "good morning, mom".  I knew it was time to get my day going.  That usually happened around 7 a.m. each day.  (Little earlier than this retired lady was used to getting up!)  He would either take a shower first before coming downstairs for breakfast, or if it wasn't a shower day (had a habit of showering every other morning), then he wouldn't eat breakfast until he went upstairs, washed up, brushed his teeth & dressed.  One interesting thing is that he really enjoyed our warm/hot showers.  Seems the showers they took in the orphanage were mostly with cold water.  (Not my idea of a good way to start the day, but we are spoiled, aren't we?)


One activity he enjoyed most days was riding "his" bike.  He would get on that bike and ride as fast as he could with a smile so big I could see it all the way down the street.  We would go for bike rides together, and it wasn't as easy to keep up with him as it had been when I was raising my children.  Age does catch up with you.  One day I had walked the dog first with him, then we went for a bike ride.  We had gone a decent distance & my thighs began to burn big time.  I just kept praying, "let me go just alittle further!  With God's grace I made it back home, but trailing behind.  Little trouble walking when I got off the bike that day. 
More stories to come

No comments:

Post a Comment