Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 23, 2013


SOCCER CAMP


One of our sons favorite activities while he was here was a soccer camp that a local coach & his wife arranged with their 11 year old boy's soccer team.  It was a beautiful day and all 5 of the Ethiopian boys here, met the American boys to play.  Coach did some drills teaching the Ethiopian boys some skills and then it was time to play!!  The Ethiopian boys are naturals and all of them are used to playing back at the different orphanages where they live.  Our son had a GREAT time and is a very good soccer player.  He was thrilled to wear his new soccer shoes for the game. 


You never would have known that these bunch of boys playing were from 2 different continents.  They all played so well together & somehow managed to get their points across to each other!!  It was fun to watch them interact, and there were lots of smiles to go around. 

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your video on FB. I am so wanting to help somehow bring your son home. I also have a large family and am in NC (5 adopted kid 3 from Ethiopia)...We have a youtube channel on adoption http://www.youtube.com/youparent ... I would love to come to MT. Pleasant to videotape you and your kids/grandkids...maybe it will help with fundraising....We are praying for you and Harvey and so touched by your story.... email is djoprods@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story and have shared it on FB a lot. I donated some money that came to me in the mail the same day I watched your video. If you would like, please email me bc we have an older boy from AWAA who has been home 5 months and he thinks he may know your son!

    ReplyDelete