Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2014

OUR STORY CONTINUES


It didn't take long for us to realize what a special boy we had staying with us.  About the third day he was here, he and I had just finished breakfast and I told him I was going to go take a shower and get dressed.  I began to clean up the kitchen, and he came over and gentlely pushed me and said, "go,  I do".  I explained that it was OK I would finish up.  He said, "no, I do".  I went upstairs and when I came back down he had my entire kitchen cleaned, floor swept (found broom on his own), counter tops wiped clean.  I tried to remember if his older "brother" ever did that at 14 without being asked.  I'm pretty sure the answer is no!! :) 


Our first trip to the beach was very memorable.  If you live in this area, you know the IOP bridge gives you a wonderful view at the very top.  When you reach that point, the whole ocean is spread out in front of you.  When he saw that, he was amazed.  As we walked out on the beach and met some of the other host boys it was magical watching them look at the ocean for the first time in their lives.  They played soccer, ran around, played in the very cold surf, dug in the sand  and just marveled at what we take for granted....one of God's amazing gifts to us!
More to come on our wonderful visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment